I hope you are well and safe amidst this trying time in our world right now. We already work and advocate in an emotionally intense but rewarding line of work, but are now struggling to adjust to reduced hours and uncertainty in our own health and that of our families and clients.
Since I have been online for several years now, the shift from a physical setting hasn’t been horribly impactful (fingers crossed). Yes I had cancellations due to fears about money and changing work schedules too. So even if you are online, there is impact.
But, yes, we are all being impacted and I certainly forsee us recovering together and helping each other. If you wanna stop here and get to the free training info, Mark on your calendar for Thurs, 3/19/2020 at 2pm eastern to come to this free live event over here
“In these uncertain times, you have certainly felt the impact of COVID-19 in one form or another.From the news to the paper product aisle at the grocery store, we can’t turn around without seeing what is going on. There is caution. There is fear.While history has shown humans are resilient and the economy will bounce back, in the meantime, there may be some tough times and tough decisions to be made.Regardless of where you are in the world today, this event has impacted you.”So what can we do with that?I encourage optimism. To choose productivity over fear.While your work may look different now, there are still opportunities.
Do you have fewer customers or had your hours cut?
- Take a course in a topic you’re interested in
- Get a certification that can boost your career
- Finally tackle that pile of books you’ve been meaning to read
- Clean your workspace & update your LinkedIn ProfileWorking remotely?
- Improve your communication skills with concise emails
- Explore new software tools that can help your team
- Demonstrate high levels of productivity to leverage more WFH days in the future
- Use your returned commute time for an opportunity to exercise or get extra housework doneHave reduced customers/clients?
- Take this time to update your computers and technology
- Review your business numbers and business plan, what areas can you improve?
- Review your digital footprint, does your Facebook page have the right phone number, is your website up to date with your newest products? This could be a great time to add product to your online store!
There are always options, choose productivity.For Business Owners: Let your audience members know how to help you!
- Can they do a curbside pick up of your products?
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Can you offer virtual meetings or phone calls?Use your creativity!Through this tough time, we are here for you to help you in any way we can. Even if it is just encouragement or a friendly smile, don’t hesitate to reach out.Thanks so much for all you do,”